Tuesday, September 1, 2009

American Icons - Ideas





This man's name is Ray Charles Robinson. In America he is famous for his piano skills, but what makes him stand out more than the rest of the thousands of piano players in the world is that he is blind and learned how to play the piano while he was blind. He reshaped the face of the blues/jazz industry because he mixed a combination of jazz blues and gospel music to make something that no one had ever heard before. This man is my inspiration for playing the piano, I have been fascinated with him ever since I found out his special problem. I listen to him play and then I play something and I just hear birds sing with his piano solos, fills, and ability to write a song while he plays it and make it sound perfect. He became important to me when I was still new at the piano and the songs I would play would just be really hard. I would always think of quitting then I'll hear a song of his (my parents listen to him all the time) and remember that if anyone had a reason to quit piano because of how hard it was it would be him and that just kept me going and going.



Martin Luther King Jr. aka MLK Jr. He's famous for the role he played in stopping segregation among blacks and whites but was murdered because of it. MLK didn't really inspire me I just admire his courage and determination to stand up for what's right. He led the bus boycott in Montgomery Alabama in the 50's which gained the right for blacks to ride on the bus without having to give up their seat to anyone who was white. His most famous act would have to be when he gave his "I have a dream speech" it's what he is most recognized for. For America as a whole his biggest contribution was that he was one of the leaders that stopped segregation, and helped bring people of different races together. Other people helped but he was still one of the more well known and a very important person of the act.


ROCKBAND! Everyones favorite party game. Now it's moved up to bigger and better things, their newest game featuring the Beatles is what game critiques are calling one of the most influential and impacting games to date. It has the combination of fun musical gameplay that all the kids love but has the oldie songs that the parents love and it brings gamers and non gamers together. It's not so much influential on America as a whole but in many households you have the kids who play the games and parents who work all the time. What EA has done was make a game that even people who don't like video games will be entertained by because who doesn't like the Beatles right?








No comments:

Post a Comment