Tuesday, September 15, 2009

American Icons Reflection

In this project I discovered that my writing turns out better if its a topic i'm actually passionate about and really set my mind to. I also discovered that i actually have potential to be a decent writer.

At the beginning of the project during the first two drafts i had a bad habit of using "ing" verbs that took away from my product. I later learned that using those types of words, at least with how many i had, wasn't good at all for my paper. I minimized how many I had and it made my paper easier to read and right to the point.

I wouldn't do anything if i could have a new draft because I'm happy with all the changes I made. if i could make it longer i would have stuck with my third or fourth draft though because it went into more detail and i thought it was just an all around better paper but it wasnt one page so i couldnt use it.

"Whenever things just get too hard in my music world I lay on my bed and turn on his best works and let his soul set me right and take me away." It stood out to me because i showed exactly how i felt instead of telling. Its a line that tells the reader how i felt when i would listen to his works and how it helped me just climb out of a rough spot in my music world. It was very well put together and powerful

No comments:

Post a Comment